Grilled Fruit Salad
Rightfully so, July is National Grilling Month! Every Tuesday through this month, we will be sharing delicious, fun, and unique recipes that are intended to be made right on the grill or grill pan! When people think of grilling, most likely they are going to think about burgers, steaks, and brats! However, grilling items such as fruits and veggies can add an intense amount of flavor to your cookout! Next summer gathering, offer to bring the fruit salad and wow them with this amazing recipe below!
- 6 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 peeled peaches, pitted and halved
- 3 medium plums, pitted and halved
- 4 apricots, pitted and halved
- Fresh pineapple, cut into 4 slices
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- Fresh baby arugula
- 1 cup crumbled feta cheese
1) In a bowl, combine 3 tablespoons lemon juice and fruit; marinate 30 minutes. (Drain and save marinade)
2) Grill fruit over medium-high direct heat 4-6 minutes. Flip; brush with reserved marinade. Grill, uncovered for 4-6 more minutes. Remove from heat; cool 5-10 minutes. When cool enough to handle, cut fruit into quarters.
3) Whisk together olive oil, honey, and any remaining lemon juice. Drizzle half the dressing over arugula, tossing until well coated; place arugula on a large serving platter. Add grilled fruit; drizzle with remaining dressing.
4) Sprinkle with crumbled feta cheese and enjoy!
We found this recipe via www.tasteofhome.com. They deserve full credit